Saturday, February 20, 2016

Thai Tanic at Elit Avenue

We walked the whole round of the square, literally walk, seriously! Dad initially wanted to eat Korean food at KO BBQ then changed his mind as he did not want to eat Banchan. So we ended up eating thai food at Thai Tanic which I saw this afternoon.

The boss of this cafe is Chinese but all the waiters and waitresses are Thai people.

Eating 2 scoops of rice and too many dishes made me so full till 12.43 am whereby I had to go to the open air gym downstairs in the garden of my condo to exercise. I am someone who cannot sleep on a full stomach. Right now as I type out my blog, I am eating unripe mango to ease my digestion.

The place is a very simple cafe with a/c and tables and chairs and nothing fancy.

Thai Style 5 Combination (Small) - RM 28

This is our personal favourite and the most worth of the price. It has deep fried calamari which is tasty. There was also kong poh chicken with dried chillies, onions and carrots. 2 pieces of pandan chicken were quite ok and not too hard. The Kerabu mango is very spicy and sour just the way I like it. There were also a few slices of century eggs.






Claypot Glass Noodles with Crab - RM 39 

This is the worst of the lot as the glass noodles are too soggy. I have never eaten anything like that.


Lemon Steamed Jin Fung Fish (RM 30) 

The fish looks like flying fish and tastes good with lemon.



Thai Red Ruby (RM 5) 

The Thai Red Ruby is quite ok except that there was too much santan.

2 glasses of Lemon Grass Tea costs RM 5.80








Details:
Address: 1-1-43A, Elite Avenue, Jalan Mayang Pasir 3, 11950 Bayan Baru Penang 

No comments:

Post a Comment